Monday, July 12, 2010

Braxton turned 5 on June 30th. We decided that this would
be the first year he could have a friend party and he invited
11 kids. It was quite chaotic but really fun.
He wanted a pirate birthday so this is what I came up with.




These are the invitations we sent out. We rolled them
up and tied them with twine and put them in empty
water bottles with a little sand in the bottom.



Every one eating cake and ice cream.



I am pretty proud of this cake. I make all my kids birthday
cakes and this was the best one yet. Don't worry, it wasn't
hard!



The pinata.



Eating pizza.



Opening presents.



The balloons. We were supposed to have the party
outside but it was so windy. We ended up having to move
most of the party inside. I had twice the balloons
but they all popped. I was so mad!



We were able to play all the games outside before the
storm hit which was good because all I had planned
were water games. We walked the plank, dug for burried
treasure, threw cannon balls at a pirate ship and tried to
sink it, and we had a pirate war where I drew pirate ships on
the driveway and divided the kids into teams. The first team to
"sink" or wash all the chalk away with water balloons won.
It was lots of fun but I don't think we will have that many
kids next year.

3 comments:

House of Ham's said...

You really are crafty!! Owen is still talking about how much fun he had at your house! Thanks for all your help with Owens teeth too! I think we got things figured out. Your hubby was awesome to call us! Tell him thanks so much!

Ashley Bogard said...

It turned out so cute! Looks like such a fun party, decor was so cute.

Chris and Ailee Magleby said...

His cake is so stinking cute. I love making birthday cakes. Looks like he loved it.


For some reason, Braxton can sleep in the craziest positions.



Here are a few Christmas photos.




Braxton and Jack jumping on Jacks bed

Like father like son (do you like our big patch of weeds?)

Jack didn't have a third hand so he used his mouth to hold the chapstick

Our new puppy Harley