Saturday, March 14, 2009







Well he is finally here and he made quite the entance! Hayden D. Reutzel was born on Feb 23 at 9:18 in the morning. He was 7 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long. He came so fast I didn't get to have an epidural and anyone who knows me well knows how big of a wimp I am. It was not pretty. I think Jeremy was a little freaked out. He told me he knew I was in serious pain when I started cursing like a sailor. Hayden came so fast the doctor didn't even make it to his birth. The nurse had to deliver him and she almost didn't make it. I was yelling at Jeremy to get the nurse cause the baby is coming. She came running in and checked me and sure enough he was coming. She pretty much was there in time to catch him. The doctor showed up just in time to cut the cord. He was worth the all the pain though, just look how cute he is. Braxton loves his new little brother. Jack on the other hand not so much. Hopefully he will adjust to having a younger brother soon cause I don't have enough hands to catch all the toys he likes to give (throw) to Hayden. Braxton has become a good big brother. He loves to give Hayden his pacifier, and loves to help me change his diaper.

8 comments:

Cat Reed said...

Chris- He really is a cutie! I still can't believe you have 3 boys. Oh what fun you will have when they are teenagers!!! You never called me back--I understand, newborns and all will make your mind wander. Good luck with everything, and call me sometime!
Cat

Jen Durrant said...

He is so adorable! I love the fat cheeks. Congratulations. I hope you are recovering well.

Ashley Bogard said...

I can't wait to meet him! He is just so dang cute! Congrats, hope to see him and you soon.

Audra Gines said...

So, how are you holding up? How are the three kiddos. I feel for you, I know the pains your going through and the lack of sleep. Call me if you need a babysitter or just a break, I can come over and you can go somewhere, anywhere!

Human Bean said...

Aww! He is so adorable (which is not surprising considering your record!) I love the name and you look great. I hope we can still get together some time when you are recovered and ready to face the world. Congratulations and good work! :D

Sara H. said...

Wow! I never want to do it without an epidural I am glad you survived! That is great! He is beautiful! How are you getting along with 3? It isn't as hard as they say it is....once you attapt to the new baby.

Amy said...

Sorry...just catching up these past few days! I knew you'd had your baby a while ago...but CONGRATS!! Hayden is adorable...cute little round face!! And now he's a month!! It was fun to see you the other day on my walk!! Hope to have a movie night again sometime in the near future!!

Human Bean said...

I've been meaning to ask, what does the D. stand for? Just curious. ;D


For some reason, Braxton can sleep in the craziest positions.



Here are a few Christmas photos.




Braxton and Jack jumping on Jacks bed

Like father like son (do you like our big patch of weeds?)

Jack didn't have a third hand so he used his mouth to hold the chapstick

Our new puppy Harley